Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Help us name our daughter

Well, as many of you are aware, Christopher was married last October, and along with the marriage came a new granddaughter named Lexi. It's okay, though, because she's a great little girl, and to be honest I was getting a little bit burned out on the name anyhow (It's been our girl name since we were married 12 years ago). At any rate, we need to find a name we both love and can agree on, as we have very different tast. At this point in the game, I really like the name Claire, and so do the boys. Don, however, doesn't like it at all. We both like the name Sammi, but not Samantha. He likes Kathryn, but I don't. So, there you have it...we need suggestions.

The middle name(s) will most likely remain the same. Louise is going to be there for sure, as this honors both my Mom and Stepmom. MaLi is Chinese for Mary, and it's not that I really love the name Mary; it's more a good omen. All the Marys (how do you spell that without turning it into Marie?) I know are fabulous women, so I just think our daughter could only be blessed by having it as one of her names as well. There is always the slightest possiblity we could end up using her real Chinese name in lieu of that, though.

What do you think?

No comments: